xffm look

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Apr 21 15:09:19 CEST 2003

El lun, 21-04-2003 a las 05:14, Tobias Henle escribió:
> hello list and xffm developer,
>
> a good friend, which i try to persuade to use xfce, asked me wether it is
> possible to change the look of xffm or not. he ment that xffm does render the
> directorys as icons and not as a tree. similar to the rox filer.
>
> sorry i know that xffm can not do that and i do not want to make this a feature
> request becourse i know it is difficult and you are out of time but i want you
> to think about this posibility to make xffm more usable for a wider range of people.

You could get close to an icon view by using the largest size of icons.
They would be arranged vertically nonetheless. Maybe the gtk source
could be hacked to display the tree in multiple columns instead of just
one. That would give an even better icon view. OT, nautilus has a
*great* iconview and remaking what has already been done might not be a
good idea.

> i preffer xffm becourse it allows me to browse the smb net and mount unmount nfs
> shares and it is a (nearly) complete solution for file management but i do not
> like trees too! :(

Besides the iconview, what else is included in the "nearly"?

Edscott