xfce4-panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Apr 15 11:54:25 CEST 2003

On 15 Apr 2003 15:01:21 +0530
Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 11:30, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Nah, I removed that on purpose. People simply shouldn't use autohide
> > if they put their panel in the middle of the screen.
>
> Why not? You may need to fiddle the appearence a bit, but I can see
> some value in having the panel reduce in size even when it isn't near
> the edge.
>
> Your call, though.

I does. I was refering to Erik's suggestion to prevent autohiding when
the panel is not on the edge. Now, you get what you ask for. You select
autohide, you get autohide. Don't like it? Don't choose it.

However, autohide on the edge is much nicer since you can just fling
your mouse pointer to the edge and it will hit the target. Hitting the
hidden panel, which is 5 pixels wide, when it's not on the edge requires
much more coordination. But if you want that, you can have it ;)

	Jasper