xfce4-panel i18n brokenness

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Apr 15 04:23:06 CEST 2003

El lun, 14-04-2003 a las 10:07, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:33:26 +0200
> Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:
>
> > FYI,
> >
> > I just noticed that for the panel the translations seem to be
> > partially broken. I don't know what's causing it yet. I'll have a look
> > tomorow.
> >

> Right, I guess I just don't see it. Some things are being translated,
> some things are not. I think all dialogs are not translated. Mouse menus
> are, but subpanels are not.
>
> Is there some gettext magic that I forgot to apply? Surely you don't
> have to do this bind_textdomain stuff for every toplevel window, is it?
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe you're falling into a mistake I made some time ago. I was using
something like:
  gchar *g=N_("translatable string");
  printf("%s",g);
And I assumed that the N_ would do the translating. Back then Olivier
pointed out that the N_ would only generate the translation, but that
  printf("%s",_(g));
was necessary to do the actual translation. Now it seems obvious, but
back then it didn't.

hope this helps, if any,

Edscott