codeset bugfixes xffm

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Apr 9 23:46:05 CEST 2003

Hi Edscott,

But that error is deeply nested in xfdiff4

If you look at xfdiff_miscc, lines 880 to 900, you'll see that you treat
the translated message the same way as the filename.

The filename should be converted to UTF8 as it is right now, but not the
localized text (as in no_patch_dir, no_right_path, no_patch etc.)

So the logic behind this code is wrong. Moreover, the code as it is
right now is a bit, well, tricky to say the least :)

I think this should be redone in a cleaner way (read big bunch of
cleanup).

As a side note, I'm a bit worry about the state of xffm. I've
encountered yet another bug: Under heavy system workload, deleting a
file sometimes doesn't update the treeview. Afterwords,  collapsing the
view crashes xffm...

But hehehe, right now, it's my turn to say good night/good morning ;)

In the mean time, I've updated CVS with my current changes (that fix the
problem with localized strings in xffm at least)

Cheers,
Olivier.

--
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>