xffm can mount?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Apr 7 05:29:24 CEST 2003

El vie, 04-04-2003 a las 13:29, manny rosa escribió:
> El lun, 31-03-2003 a las 19:49, manny rosa escribi=F3:
> > I didn't know xffm can mount and unmount
> filesystems!
> > There's no such option when I right click so I'm
> > assuming you can just execute "mount" on the mount
> > point since I tried it and it works. The only
> problem
> > is that I must type in these commands each time. I
> > can't "remeber" the command because I don't think it
> > can remmember mount and unmount. Don't get me wrong,
> > I'm not putting xffm down! I'm just not sure how you
> > guys mount/unmount stuff with it.
>
> There is a fstab main root folder. Everything that is
> listed in
> /etc/fstab appears here and can be mounted/unmounted
> by double-clicking
> on it. Once mounted, you can navigate with either the
> fstab tree or the
> local tree.
>
> Edscott
>
> GREAT! many programs claim to be filemanagers yet they
> can't even mount filesystems. Just a few things, I
> would have never know that double clicking mounts. I
> don't mind it at all, but I think there should also be
> a menu entry (right-click menu). Maybe a tooltip or
> something too. Also, can me crazy, but I kind of like
> the text "Filesystems" rather than "fstab." I remember
> at one point it used to say "filesystems" but someone
> suggested the change. I'm no big deal, but for a
> non-unix person it can be confusing. Or, how about
> "Local filesystems", "Removable filesystems", and
> "Network filesystems" (I guess this would be "SMB
> Network"). I know this is very WinXP like, but....

In the C locale it's known as fstab. For the en, en_US, en_GB, or
whatever locale, the choice is up to the brave volunteer who contributes
the .po file. At this point in time, xffm does not split the fstab
information into the groups you mention, although it might be a good
idea for later on.

Edscott

BTW, you can now mount/unmount from the main menu or popup menu too.