xffm can mount?

manny rosa manny_robot_freak at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 21:29:21 CEST 2003

El lun, 31-03-2003 a las 19:49, manny rosa escribi=F3:
> I didn't know xffm can mount and unmount
filesystems!
> There's no such option when I right click so I'm
> assuming you can just execute "mount" on the mount
> point since I tried it and it works. The only
problem
> is that I must type in these commands each time. I
> can't "remeber" the command because I don't think it
> can remmember mount and unmount. Don't get me wrong,
> I'm not putting xffm down! I'm just not sure how you
> guys mount/unmount stuff with it.

There is a fstab main root folder. Everything that is
listed in
/etc/fstab appears here and can be mounted/unmounted
by double-clicking
on it. Once mounted, you can navigate with either the
fstab tree or the
local tree.

Edscott

GREAT! many programs claim to be filemanagers yet they
can't even mount filesystems. Just a few things, I
would have never know that double clicking mounts. I
don't mind it at all, but I think there should also be
a menu entry (right-click menu). Maybe a tooltip or
something too. Also, can me crazy, but I kind of like
the text "Filesystems" rather than "fstab." I remember
at one point it used to say "filesystems" but someone
suggested the change. I'm no big deal, but for a
non-unix person it can be confusing. Or, how about
"Local filesystems", "Removable filesystems", and
"Network filesystems" (I guess this would be "SMB
Network"). I know this is very WinXP like, but....