Gtk Colors [Was: Re: Updated patch]

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 24 11:45:39 CEST 2002

On 24 Sep 2002 10:19:56 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> Forget about the eight colors panel found in xfce3. It's not standard
> and confuses people ("what are those colors for?", "I click apply but
> nothing changes, why?", "xfce removed my gtkrc, what a hell is that?",
> etc.)

While I do think the xfce3 panel is bad, I think the concept of a gtkrc
generator is good. Personally, I hate most of the themes on
themes.freshmeat.net -- they are mostly very juvenile.

Expecting people to build their own gtkrcs is also not practical. I know
*I've* got better things to do than figuring out gtkrc syntax and I'm
sure that that's true of most people.

Frankly, I think the eight-color panel just needs to be redesigned to be
easier to understand. I think something like Windows' theme manager
would be best.

-- b