Gtk Colors [Was: Re: Updated patch]

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Sep 24 10:44:16 CEST 2002

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Jasper,
>

>>Do you have any ideas for that?
>

> Forget about the eight colors panel found in xfce3. It's not standard
> and confuses people ("what are those colors for?", "I click apply but
> nothing changes, why?", "xfce removed my gtkrc, what a hell is that?",
> etc.)
>
> Name your widgets and document it somewhere so that experienced users
> can build gtkrc themes and put them on themes.freshmeat.net
>
> Other (non experienced users) will use pre-made themes, that's it (for
> example, at least 1 theme in gtk-xfce-engine package has an entry for
> xfwm4 title frame colors).
>
> Here I'm thinking for example of a CDE theme where all widgets would
> have similar screen buttons colors as CDE does.
>
> Cheers,

Sounds good.

Is the xfce stellar theme close enough for people that I can look at
that and see which different widget names I have to use, i.e. how many
colors, which widgets have the same color, etc.?

If not can someone send me some screenshots of possible color
combinations? (personal mail, I guess, not the list).

	Jasper