Updated patch

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Sep 23 23:44:58 CEST 2002

Hi Xavier,

Sorry to disturb you, but I found a better way of doing things for the
clock.

It's not very different from the previous patch. What do is use

    gdk_window_clear_area (widget->window, 0, 0,
     		widget->allocation.width, widget->allocation.height);

in place of

    gdk_draw_rectangle(widget->window,
widget->style->bg_gc[widget->state], TRUE, 0, 0,
widget->allocation.width,
                 widget->allocation.height);

at lines 710, 858

You can also safely remove the test case in 925  :

    if(clock->parent_style != widget->parent->style)
    {
        if(clock->parent_style)
            gtk_style_unref(clock->parent_style);
        clock->parent_style = widget->parent->style;
        gtk_style_ref(clock->parent_style);
    }
    if(clock->mode == XFCE_CLOCK_ANALOG)
        gdk_window_clear_area (widget->window, 0, 0,
     		widget->allocation.width, widget->allocation.height);

along with all references to clock->parent_style in both clock.c and
clock.h

If you don't feel like doing it (I understand you already applied my
previous patch by hand) then I'll do the changes once you've commited
your changes to the CVS. Not a big deal anyway.

PS: I tried to join you on the IRC but you were probably busy applying
my previous mess, err, patch.

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org