Nasty clock bug [WAS: Re: [xfce4] Bug in resize]

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Sep 23 19:34:15 CEST 2002

Salut Xavier,

> Well. As I explained it to Jasper. This is not really a bug. In fact
> when the clock is created, the default mode set is
> XFCE_CLOCK_ANALOG.
>
> When I create my clock, the default mode is set and I
> check for the mode to know wether I want the frame or not. The problem
> is that the user settings may overwrite the default mode. As I only test
> for that at creation and when the config dialog checkbox changed, the
> frame is not shown at startup.

Such a long sentence explaining that a bug should not be seen as a bug
;-) But that's a bug...

> In fact the trick is to check just after we load the user settings. This
> is fixed for me but I didn't commit it yet.

A fixed bug so... ;-)

> > Since the crash occurs in the frame draw
> > (in gtk), I now think the problem is real and is not in the gtk engine
> > (as I wrongly stated yesterday).
> >

> I don't have this bug so I can't comment on it. Sorry :)

Get and install gnubbuble theme from
http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/gnububble/?topic_id=952%2C958

or "gnu aqua" from
http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/gnuaquase/?topic_id=930%2C958

When you use one of these themes, the panel crashes. If you remove the
clock, the panel works.

BTW, please try w/out border. It makes the code simpler and looks really
nice.

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org