Nasty clock bug [WAS: Re: [xfce4] Bug in resize]

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Sep 23 17:53:24 CEST 2002

Jasper,

BTW, I *really* think there is some nasty bug in the clock or arround
it.

As stated yesterday on the IRC, the panel crashes with some gtk engines.
I thought the xfce engine was immune, but today I found that the frame
border of the clock doesn't show at startup (as a side note, the clock
looks really better w/out the frame border, I have now patched my
private tree to remove it)

Changing back and forth the clock time show the border. But still it
should be there at first run. Since the crash occurs in the frame draw
(in gtk), I now think the problem is real and is not in the gtk engine
(as I wrongly stated yesterday).

I still cannot find where the problem resides, possibly resulting from
earlier memory corruption. I'll keep investigating tonite.

Cheers,
Olivier.