cannot build from cvs (xfce-devel)

Guido Draheim guidod-2002- at gmx.de
Fri Sep 20 21:27:57 CEST 2002

Jens Luedicke wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 16:19, Guido Draheim wrote:
>
>>No problem to do AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS on these modules.
>>
>>Is it planned to get the toplevel back in a similar
>>style as xfce3 - or can I sweep them clean and
>>start over with new files? I'd prefer to do the
>>latter...
>

> I would vote for keeping single modules
> and compile them if needed. Or just add
> a Makefile that chdir's into each
> directory and performs a './configure', etc.

That's just what I meant.

the toplevel configure will recursivly call the
module's configure and its generated makefile
enter the selected modules. The toplevel configure
will summarize options to be passed to all the
enabled-modules, and be there to build a full
package if one wants to.

The thing is, that the current toplevel configure
is rather long which would collapse to a few
lines - where I am not sure whether some info
still needs to picked up a littler deeper in the
source tree.