How to play with xfwm4?

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Mon Sep 16 08:27:34 CEST 2002

On Saturday, the 14th day of September, in the year of our Lord 2002, at
10:27 PM
the esteemed person of letters, Olivier Fourdan quoth:

OF> > Besides this, I'm loving it. My only complaint with Xfce3 was that I
OF> > could never make it "pretty" (to me). That is MORE that solved with
OF> > xfwm4.  I love the retro theme. And many many high praises for the
OF> > person or people responsible for xfdeskmenu.
OF>
OF> Look at this gkrellm theme, it seems it has been made for the retro
OF> theme !

I looked and I'm using it, but unfortunately this theme does weird things
with the "volume" plugin. I've got really a poor idea as to where the
volume is set because for one reason or another the pointers don't show
up. There are these faint lines on the left side that do help a little,
but it isn't easy.
They do go together nicely though.

Cheers,
Jonathan