How to play with xfwm4?

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 15 07:23:41 CEST 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:21:47 -0400, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> This may or may not be related, but I've noticed that my Alt-F*
> actions are different than what is in my .xfwm4rc file. for instance
> my file says the Alt-f5 should make a window sticky,  but in actuality
> Alt-F3 does that. Any idea what's causing this? My biggest use for
> this is gKrellM which I don't want to use window borders with.

Use the "GKrellm Gnome" plugin for this.

> The only other thing I miss is session management. Is there an app
> that'll allow xfwm to remember what was running and start them up
> where they were when I logged out yet? Right now my Xfce4 file in
> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ starts, xfwm4, xfbd4, xfdeskmenu, gkrellm and
> lastly xfce4.

The session manager hasn't been written yet. Perhaps you ought to give
it a shot ... ;-)

I've been thinking about taking a look at this. But don't hold your
breath ... I've also been thinking about losing some weight and *that*
hasn't happened in the past two years.

> And many many high praises for the person or people responsible for
> xfdeskmenu.

Awww ... shucks ... it warn't nothing great. A lot of it is other
people's code. ;-)

-- b