xfwm4 changes

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Sep 11 15:04:56 CEST 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:57:08 +0530
Biju Chacko <botsie at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2002 22:59:33 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
> > * Themes can (and should) be specified by only their name instead of
> > the full path to the theme. xfwm4 looks for
> > $HOME/.themes/xfwm4/<theme> and, then in
> > /usr/share/xfwm4/themes/<theme>
>
> Will specifying a full path still work? This is useful when testing or
> developing new themes.

This still works.

> IAC, I shall update XFDeskMenu to reflect the new behavior. Do you
> think I should remove the user-specified theme location option?
>
> BTW, XFDeskMenu uses a shell script called 'xftheme' to change the
> theme. Is that name reserved for a future GUI theme changer?

I was thinking about that. It seems to be too generic since it only
changes xfwm themes, so perhaps xfwmtheme would be better.

On the other hand if we get the new configuration system xfdeskmenu
should use that mechanism instead, so you could as well leave it as it
is.

For the central configuration application I vote for XFStyle (I believe
the CDE app is called Style Manager).

Jasper

> -- b
>

> --

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net