xfwm4 query

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Sep 5 11:21:14 CEST 2002

Hi Botsie,

> Thats 'botsie'. ;-)

Whoops, sorry, my mistake.

> Any idea how such a thing could be achieved ? I'd assume a future XFce4
> session manager would have to restart applications that were shut down
> in the previous session in the same positions and desktops that they
> were before. How would it do that?

Same as in current xfwm, except that we won't manage non session managed
apps as we do currently (in other words, we'll skip out the "session
emulation" code)

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org