CVS update of xfbugs^H^H^H^H^H^Hxfce4

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 5 07:26:41 CEST 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:58:01 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Until now the name xfce has always been almost a synonym for stability
> and speed. This will no longer be true. As of today xfce will lose its
> good name and forever spend its existence in a dark corner of the
> linux universe accompanied only by fellow outcasts like GNOME 0.99 and
> early revisions of Mozilla.

<snip>

> Anyway before I knew it I was in over my head rewriting the internals
> of the panel. There's more. You can now choose the popup button
> position for all sizes (left|right|top|bottom, you made me do this
> Botsie!). I rearranged the global settings in three tabs. and probably
> something else I forgot. Ah, yes you can choose whether you want the
> panel on top of other windows or not.

Wheeeeee! Feature-itis. I love it. I like my eggs sunny-side up, can ya
get xfce4 to do 'em that way?

> And then there are the bugs. I implemented lots of bugs to scare off
> possible early adopters and casual CVS users. See if you can find them
> ;-)

I'm pulling it down right now. Will let you know how it goes.

<snip>

> Nice to have for 4.0
> ====================
> * more themes: Night, KDE, Next, WindowsXP, BeOS, ...
>   (not too many released with xfce4; < 10)

Themes? Do you mean for xfwm4? or for xfce4 (panel)?

> * volume control plugin
>
> Possible future features (after 4.0)
> * optional pager instead of desktop buttons
> * swallow apps
> * hide popup buttons
> * 'Eugenia'-like design with vertical move
>   handles and variable size plugins

Some more stuff for 'Nice to Have' or 'Future Features':

* Taskbar/Taskjar
* GNOME-style embedded xfrun

-- b