Taskbar

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Wed Oct 16 16:39:13 CEST 2002

On 16 Oct 2002 12:48:52 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> That's good news :)
>
> My feeling is that the taskbar should not be part of the panel. It
> would not look good at all.
>
> I've been thinking of a tasklist ala BeOS, where running apps are
> shown in a vertical taskbar located in a corner of the screen.
>
> That should be configurable anyway.

I guess everybody seems to have his own preference ... I suppose it'll
have to be flexible.

> You used net hisnts for that, not gnome hints, didn't you ? I still
> need to write the underlaying lib...

I used net hints. To be honest, the original author used net hints, I
merely scraped off the inessentials to get a taskbar that was easier to
modify. I started with a program called fbpanel -- you can find it on
freshmeat.

-- b