problem with libxfcegui4

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Nov 23 19:48:31 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 12:15, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> If that was a technical or a design issue, I would agree 100%, but here
> we are talking about a name, ie libxfcegui4 vs. libxfce4gui

	True.  This is just the naming for the "package", right?  Or is it an
actual library name?  If the former it's a complete non-issue.  If the
latter, well, it's still nothing more than what could be called a
non-standard naming convention.

	I wouldn't have made any kind of comment at all if it wasn't for the
beating we took back in the mid-90's about naming conventions on all the
programing tasks we were involved with.  It was one of the most strict
policies I'd seen (the standards book just for naming was 35 pages!).
Those were the days....

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'