xfce4

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu May 23 14:05:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 02:53, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> xfce-devel at the moment is an interesting mix of really old and really new
> stuff.
> I ported some of the utilities to gtk2, but they all work with the old xfwm,
> so not all of them will be as useful with the new system. These are xfbd,
> xfsound, xfmouse and xfumed.
> The new window manager is in xfwm4  and my preliminary panel code is in xfce4.
> Edscott has xfsamba ready for gtk2, but I think you need the version in
> stable for that.

Xfsamba is still not ready, but it's getting closer. I'm working on
eliminating all gtk specific code from all but two files, which is
making some very subtle bugs surface. It's still not stable, but as soon
as it is it will go into xfce-stable. Once the gtk1.2 files are replaced
for gtk2, and it will go to xfce-devel with new features.

Edscott