dissappearing icons

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 18 15:46:18 CEST 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 03:15:09PM +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:41:37PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >
> > > I'll probably get the pager to use libwnck at some point, once it's
> > > stabilised.
> >
> > Err, what's "libwnck" ?
>
> "Window Navigator Construction Kit" - basically, a library to build pagers
> and tasklists with.
>
> Thomas, you may want to take a look at stph instead (stph.sf.net).
> It does all the lowlevel stuff, without being tied to a toolkit as wnck is.
> (ok, wnck is only tied to GTK not GNOME and GTK is already used, but still)
> Besides, it also comes with python bindings already.
> OTOH, the latest released version is quite old - but the CVS version is
> supposed to understand the EWM hints. Haven't been able to try - I started
> working on a tasklist but that has been put back by more important work.

The project looks totally dead (last mailing list post: Feb 2001), and Gtk
isn't really a problem for us ;-) Python bindings might be nice, though...

Back with the filer...

I've updated the iconification support now so that it uses the program's
specified icon. Also, there are options to set which corner of the screen
is preferred for icon placement, and which direction they spread out from
it. They should also now dodge other pinboard icons!

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk		tal197 at users.sourceforge.net