dissappearing icons

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 8 15:57:23 CEST 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 03:14:46PM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> At 03:00 PM 5/8/02, you wrote:
> >On 07 May 2002 23:31:44 +0200
> >Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Since this application is yet to be written, you
> >> won't see any icons.
> >>
> >> In the meantime, use Alt+Tab to navigate between
> >> apps or use either gnome panel (panel) or KDE
> >> panel (kicker)
> >
> >That's what i meant about making panel
> >pluginable/configurable. It would be cool the have
> >a plugin for the panel that makes the panel manage
> >the icons so that it's also possible to use a
> >FileManager with programs/directory icons on the
> >desktop (like the various nautilus/gmc/konqueror).
>
> You don't need the panel for that, do you? You can do that now if you want.
> I use ROX filer for that.

We do file icons, but we don't show iconised windows. However, I'm
rewriting the pinboard code at the moment, and I'm considering adding
(optional?) support for this, as it confuses newbies when their windows
disappear completely...

Also, sawfish does a rather unhelpful animation which appears to show
the window disappearing behind the panel, leading to much time spent
trying to kill the panel, then much more time spent trying to get it back
again ;-)

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk		tal197 at users.sourceforge.net