Xfwm 4 screen captures

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Wed May 8 09:36:12 CEST 2002

At 09:10 AM 5/8/02, you wrote:
>On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 02:30, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> > >     FWIW, if you want to see what the "real" CDE looks like for a
> > > comparison I can get you a copy if they are still selling it.  If not
> > > I would be happy to send you my copy for your testing.
> >
> > Right now I'm using the user and administrator manuals I found on
> > internet from Digital I think. They explain fairly well how everything
> > is supposed to work. Thanks for the offer, though.
>
>         That's still different from actually seeing it and feeling it in
>action.  If you have a separate box to install it on I will buy you
>DeXtop CDE and Accelerated-X from xinside.com for you.  It's my way of
>contributing to the development of XFce since I don't have the time (not
>the skills) to actually code anything.  Maybe someday...  <Joe wistfully
>sighs and dreams of the day when he'll be an actual programmer again>

I'm afraid I just have my home computer to work on. But apart from that I feel
completely unworthy of your offer. Olivier or Edscott are much better
candidates for such a gift. Really, I would not be comfortable with accepting
something like this.

And as much as you overestimate my contribution your downplaying your own.
You do contribute to XFce a lot even if not in code.

Embarrassed by the attention,
         Jasper