Modified version of Oroborus

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Mar 29 18:37:30 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 16:55, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> I've uploaded my own new version of Oroborus to xfce website :
>
> http://www.xfce.org/archive/other/oroborus-2.0.4-of.tar.gz
>
> It fixes :
>
> - A placement problem;
> - A crash when mapping/unmapping windows very quickly (one of my
> favorite test of xfwm ;-) )

	This brings up an ancillary question I've been meaning to ask...  The
laptop I'm currently using was preconfigured with KDE so it's uses KDM
for the login.  I have used GDM on other boxes and have added other WM's
& DE's to the login in order to play with and try them out.  I just
can't seem to figure out how to do it with KDM.  I have tried to change
the login to GDM but it just doesn't want to cooperate with me.  I'm
probably not holding my left index finger in the proper place or the
moon isn't in the right phase or something.

	Anyway, what's an easy way to log into different wm options just to
test them out?  I'd rather not have to deal with 6 or 7 different
~/.xinitrc files but if that's what I have to do...

TIA,
Me

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org