xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Mar 27 09:34:11 CET 2002

Hi all,

I have now the skeletton of a window manager that is based on GTK+ event
loop.

The true meaning of this is that I'm now able to mix the specific wm
code that is eavily based on XEvent along with GTK+ events, for the
menu, dialogs, etc.

This is something *really* interesting. That would save a lot of code in
xfwm while improving integration with other GTK+ applications.

Best of all, the piece of code that I've written is very small. It opens
bright expectations for xfwm4. It's something that I've never found in
other WM.

More to come in the coming days...

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org