What do I need to make xfce4 working ?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Jul 29 10:23:21 CEST 2002

Xavier,

Keep in mind that xfwm4 is a window manager, just a window manager. No
icon, no root menu.

So, to actually see something, you must start an application, being
xterm or xfce4 panel, or even KDE  2/3 or GNOME2

Your ~/.xinitrc (or ~/.xfce/xinitrc) should look like :

xfwm4 & xterm

or

xfwm4&
xfce4

Cheers,
Olivier.

--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.