panel options (wishlist)

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 14 14:58:33 CEST 2002

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:28:00 +0200
Jens Luedicke <jens at irs-net.com> wrote:

[...]
> If someone tells me how to read/write an option
> to the xml-config file, I could probaly implement
> that feature. No garantee, but I think it would be fun to mess
> around with your code ;-)

There are a few different things actually:
1) A setting in the global settings structure as defined in global.h

2) Reading and saving the option to an xml file. This is rather simple.
Look the functions panel_parse_xml() and panel_write_xml() in xfce.c

3) A widget in the global settings dialog in dialogs.[ch]. There's a lot
of other stuff in here as well; I'm working on putting some of it in
a separate file. Look for the global dialog at the end of the file.

4) functions to apply the settings. Probably the easiest will be to hide
the appopriate widgets (and not destroy them or something). Something
like this:

in xfce.[ch]:
void panel_set_desktop_switcher(gboolean show);
void panel_set_popups(gboolean show);

in side.[ch]:
void side_panel_set_popups(int side, gboolean show);

in central.[ch]:
void central_panel_set_desktop_switcher(gboolean show);

It would be really great if you could help out a bit with the panel.
There are still a lot of loose ends I'm afraid.

Jasper

PS
perhaps further discussion should be off-list