error with xfwm4

David Watts fhief at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 30 01:50:46 CET 2002

I'm trying to compile fvwm4. So far I have not had a problem until I reached
fvwm4,
when I type ./configure toward the end I recieve this error message.

./configure: line 4729: syntax error near unexpected token
`BASE_DEPENDENCIES,'
./configure: line 4729: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(BASE_DEPENDENCIES, glib-2.0 >=
$GLIB_REQUIRED_VERSION gtk+-2.0 >= $GTK_REQUIRED_VERSION pango >=
$PANGO_REQUIRED_VERSION libxfcegui4-1.0 >= $LIBXFCEGUI4_REQUIRED_VERSION)'

then it stops.I also tried just doing autogen.sh and same error.
Here is a list of libraries I have install for it to work.

atk-1.2.0
glib-2.2.0
gtk+-2.2.0
libxml2-2.4.30
pango-1.2.0
pkgconfig-0.14.0

Hopeful this is enough info to find out why this is not compiling properly.
Thanks
David W.