XML option parser for mcs

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Dec 29 13:32:11 CET 2002

Hi Jasper,

> Nice, I have been wondering if I should have used that for xfce4 as
> well, but I was too lazy to find out how to use it.
>
> Do you think it would win us something to use this instead of libxml
> (memory footprint, speed)?

Dunno about speed, although I think it's faster since a lot simpler than
libxml. As for memory footprint, GMarkup is already part of glib, so it
saves the need for an additional lib, libxml in this case.

However, I don't think there is a need to redo what you've already done
with libxml, it's fine.

> <mcs-channel name="xfwm">
> <option .../>
> </mcs-channel>
>
> What do you think?

Well, I want to keep it as simple as possible. Load options will
generate a GList, and save option will write a file based on a GList.
So, adding a name to the channel would require a list of lists, which
would make it more complex.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org