libxfcegui4 and libxfce4mcs wont compile

tom tom at unhooked.net
Tue Dec 24 14:23:05 CET 2002

edscott wilson garcia said:
> Olivier,
>
> In FreeBSD 4.7 neither will libxfcegui4 nor libxfce4mcs compile :-( Both
> of them fail in the libtool part, seems that it does not like
> "-version-info 00:0". This is the error output:

I was able to build with:
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.3.4-freebsd-ports (1.385.2.196 1999/12/07 21:47:57)
automake (GNU automake) 1.5
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.54

But historically I've had to juggle libtool because the linux distros they
use to develop on can't stick with known good tools :-)

If you still can't build, try installing whatever Oliver is using this
week, and then reinstall the tools from ports so it doesn't break
everything else, or
install the tools to a private dir and work from there.

This is from a checkout/world yesterday, and an xfce-devel checkout from a
few minutes ago.