Web with CVS Snapshot Tarball

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Dec 23 22:42:51 CET 2002

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig A Betts <craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov> writes:

Craig> I am currently behind a firewall that blocks CVS and would like
Craig> to grab the latest CVS snapshot of XFce4.  I tried downloading
Craig> the daily tarball from
Craig> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/xfce-cvsroot.tar.gz, but
Craig> it has place ",v" after almost every file.  Am I doing
Craig> something wrong or is this the intended behavior?  All help
Craig> greatly appreciated.

Extract that to someplace, and use that directory as the CVSROOT
rather than the :pserver: string.  Ie, something like:

        cd ~
        mkdir cvsroot
        cd cvsroot
        tar xvzf /path/to/xfce-cvsroot.tar.gz
        cd ~
        mkdir xfce
        cvs -d ~/cvsroot/xfce co .
        cd xfce

You then need to dl the tar each time you want to update and replace
your cvsroot/xfce directory with the new tarfile's contents before
doing a 'cvs up' in the working dorectory.

-JimC