The traditional 'Day Before Christmas CVS Update' is here! -- and it's big

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Dec 23 11:12:04 CET 2002

Hello my good friends, good day to you all.

I have just made a rather large update to xfce4 CVS. Get it now. You
know you want it!

Thanks to some incredible last-minute hacking of our fearless leader
(yes, you Olivier), the panel now uses the new settings manager code
that is available from CVS in the module xfce-devel/libxfce4mcs.

This is very cool stuff from a developer's point of view. From a user's
standpoint I guess there not very much to see.

I removed the 'Number of controls' option from the preferences dialog,
because I don't think that should be there. I would like it to be
available more directly when editing panel items. Any ideas on how an
improved dialog should work are welcome.

For now, you can add items from the right-click menu on one of the panel
handles. Removing items can be done from the right-click dialog of the
item itself.

Praise, suggestions or contructive criticism will be very much
appreciated.

Information on obtaining and building this beast can as always be found
on http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/xfce4-cvs.html.

Enjoy,
	Jasper

PS
Remember to do a make distclean before building.

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net