unstored desktop count

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Dec 20 08:05:50 CET 2002

Hey nestu,

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:42:57 +0100 (CET)
nestu <the_new_guiri at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hello boys 'n girls ;)
> Just here to get on someone nerves -not my ones, obviously- as usual
> ;). Well, my little problem aroused when I updated a couple of days
> ago. When I did so, I lost my six desktop count due to default four.
> When I add a desktop through xfdeskmenu4 -unabled to temporally do it
> via panel while Jasper get this fixed with his new reimplementation-
> and I quit X, and then start again, I end up with default 4 desktops
> once again.

Hmm, this is a bug. Xfce4 is suposed to save the number of desktops.
I'll look into it.

> Now that made me think not just about
> that, but also about the problem of updating configurations: ¿shall I
> move my config, or should/can there be a config.old and a new config
> file, or something alike? I doubt I'm arriving early on this
> proposal/question to you. Remember: I don't complain, I just what to
> make your lives merrier }:-) Thanks to all of you!

Xfce4 makes a ~/.xfce4/xfce4rc.bak file. So your last configuration is
saved. However, it is nonetheless smart to save a working config file
before a major upgrade.

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net