Large changes for xfce4 in CVS

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Dec 13 23:01:10 CET 2002

On 13 Dec 2002 22:32:44 +0100
Mickaël Graf <mgf at bredband.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 22:18, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > hej Mickaël,
> >
> > On 13 Dec 2002 21:48:35 +0100
> > Mickaël Graf <mgf at bredband.net> wrote:
> >
> > > A quick bug report:
> > > 1- it erase the former xfce4rc (I had to reconfigure it)
> >
> > huh? It really shouldn't do that. Did anybody else have this
> > problem?
> I made a make distclean, that's the only strange thing I did.

hehe, that's not strange, that was necessary in this case. Always when
there is a big update you should do this. This doesn't affect your
running system.

I tried specifically to make it read the old configuration. Some small
things may be wrong, like the order of items on the panel, but you
should have most of your configuration back.

> > > 2- I can't follow the focus on the panel, when it's on the icons,
> > > and that's pretty important for people who are tired of the mouse
> > > (me!)
> > >

> > Again, huh? ;-) I don't really understand what you mean here. Can
> > you please explain a bit more?
> Yes sir! :-)
> Well, when a control has the focus, there's a frame around it (this is
> true for both desktop button, minibuttons, whatever buttons and
> icons), and I didn't see it around my icons.
> Well, I didn't see it around *my* icons, i.e. icons from my own theme.
> But after further investigation, I found
> - it's there with the others themes.
> - it's there with my theme when panel size is large, but it's not when
> medium, small or tiny.
>
> I hope it helps.

Sounds like a gtk thing. Nothing I can do about that.

	Jasper