Problem running XFwm4

Daniel Ciaglia daniel at ciaglia.de
Wed Dec 11 18:05:16 CET 2002

Hi,
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:55:53 -0600, Ted Clark <bison at visi.com> wrote:

> Daniel Ciaglia wrote:
> > The problem is a typo in icons.c from the panel subdirectory.
> > There's an function to check if there's an theme set in the RC-file
> > and if not to a default set one. Sadly this value isn't used some
> > lines of code later ;-(
> >
> > I reported this bug on Dec 4th and can't explain why the maintainer
> > doesn't reported it to the developers (maybe froze to death like here
> > in Germany...).
>

> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the info!  I'll probably take another run at this sometime
> next week when I have more time.  The best plan seems to be building
> from CVS, at least until the Debian packages are updated/fixed.

You can use the Debian packages without problems if you include an
icontheme="XXX" into the xfce4rc-file.

E.g. :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Xfce>
  <Panel size="1" popupposition="2" style="1" orientation="0"  \
  icontheme="Crystal" layer="0" left="5" right="5" screens="4" \
  showcentral="1" desktopbutto ns="1" minibuttons="1">
    <Position x="284" y="970"/>
  </Panel>
(...)

The problem starts if there's no theme entered, of course the theme has to
exist. 'XFce' as the standard one should work.

Daniel

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-examine your life.  -- Calvin