Problem running XFwm4

Ted Clark bison at visi.com
Mon Dec 9 18:39:25 CET 2002

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Right. It seems something went wrong with your install. xfwm4 is missing
> a file with default values. This file is should be located here:
> /usr/share/xfwm4/defaults

I checked this, and I do in fact have a /usr/share/xfwm4/defaults file.
  I tried the one you sent me just as a test, but I get the same errors.

I downloaded the original tarball from the Debian pool and grepped
through the source code a bit.  Looking at settings.c, I see that I'm
bailing out on line 202, which gets me past the check for a defaults
file on line 186.  I'm getting a "Missing values in defaults file" error
message, but no "Missing defaults file" message, so I guess it must be
finding the defaults file but having trouble parsing it??

Thanks,

TedC