Panel thoughts (was: Re: Now this is an ugly theme ;-))

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 26 22:39:10 CEST 2002

On 26 Aug 2002 16:22:22 -0400
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 16:17, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> > I think you need to write your own panel, with all the features you
> > want ;-) (For all clarity, please note this is a joke)
>
> 	I had a thought (Oh $DEITY!  Run for you life!!)...
>
> 	There's no reason we couldn't have more than one panel
> 	available, huh?
> With the "pluggable" feature od the new cost this would be possible,
> right?

I couldn't agree more. In fact I would like to try and design something
more like the apple and windowmaker dock (I thought xfdock would be a
good name ;-) only icons and other plugins. It should be able to
incorporate dockapps and it should have vertical orientation as well as
horizontal.

Doing away with the popup buttons makes a number of things a lot easier
to implement.

Anyway this is after I finish xfce4 and my thesis, find a job, get
married, have children, ...

Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net