Autoconf issues

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 22 06:53:53 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've just been trying to automake-ize XFDeskMenu. I've been using a
framework that was sent to me by Jasper. I'm facing a particular
problem:

the macro

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(BASE_DEPENDENCIES, glib-2.0 >= $GLIB_REQUIRED_VERSION
gtk+-2.0 >= $GTK_REQUIRED_VERSION pango >= $PANGO_REQUIRED_VERSION
gmodule-2.0 libxml-2.0)

in my configure.ac doesn't seem to be expanded. It is dumped as is into
the generated configure.

Why would that happen? I am using autoconf-2.52 and automake-1.6.

-- b