Want to reimplement xinerama : how ?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Aug 5 22:15:17 CEST 2002

Hi Xavier,

Actually adding Xineramasupport should be faiurly easy. It's already on
my TODO list.

However, there is a huge need for an application that handles
icons/iconbox/taskbar

Yuo could start by looking at libwnck (from Havoc Pennington). Havoc
told me the API of libwnck is not frozen and it should change in the
future. I don't feel very confortable with building on top of an API
that is known to change in the future.

So, if you could take the good ideas of libwnck, add icons on the
desktop (ala rox, using a virtual root) and an icon box that would be
really lovely ;-) Of course, that should be Xinerama aware ;-)

Lemme know what you think.

PS: You can grab a copy of libwnck from GNOME CVS here
http://www.xfce.org/archive/libwnck-20020805.tar.gz

PS2: I'm still on vacation, just came back home for the night - So I'll
probably won't be able to reply any of the mails I'll receive in the
next couple of weeks :-(

Cheers,
Olivier.

--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.