IRC channel

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 5 13:04:21 CEST 2002

At 11:06 AM 8/5/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Jens Luedicke <jens at irs-net.com> disait récemment que :
>
> > Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> >> Just a question : is there an IRC channel available for xfce
> >> developement available ?
> >> zeDek
> >
> > i think we could create on on irc.openprojects.org
>
>How ? i am not familiar with IRC channel creation :)
>But we need something to share our ideas in 'real-time'.

Apparently it's quite simple. You can just register a channel. Go to
http://www.openprojects.net to see how. Basically, you connect to
irc.openprojects.net and register a nick and register a channel. Type
'/msg nickserv' help and '/msg chanserv help' for more info.

Any of you want to be the channel op? It might be a good idea to make
some other people operator as well (I was thinking of people like Olivier,
Chuck, Joe, <other as yet nameless active contributor>.

There doesn't seem to be an #xfce channel (I just joined it and was the only
one ;-).

Jasper