Want to reimplement xinerama : how ?

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 1 16:50:23 CEST 2002

At 04:28 PM 8/1/02 +0200, you wrote:

[...]

>I agree that xfclock sux ! And mailcheck sux too :) What I want with
>mailcheck is that when there are new mails it plays a sound or print an
>OSD string saying that. This is not difficult to implement.

Please make it a separate module. The current mailcheck may suck but I get
into serious trouble with some user(s) if I remove this CDE look-alike. It
provides the same functionality as the current panel. But by all means make
a fancy module with animations, sounds and multiple mailbox checks.

At the same time please have a look at the module interface. This panel is a
work in progress, so you may have ideas to improve the module API.

>Well I guess I will try to do something for xfce4 waiting oliv to get
>back :)
>Last question: how can I submit my work ? Patch sux as I always have to
>diff and patch and send the patch to the ML. Is there a way to get a
>write acess onto the cvs ??

I don't have admin rights for our CVS so either Chuck or Olivier has to do
it. Olivier is away, Chuck is probably also unavailable now, so we will have
to wait.

Plugin modules you can send to me as a tarball (they're in separate
directories anyway). For changes to the core code you will have to use patch
I'm afraid. xfdiff is very useful in this case.

Also, for larger changes to code of which you're not the maintainer, you
should send something to the mailing list anyway even if you have CVS access
;-)