Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0 [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 30 22:01:55 CET 2024

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024, Piscium wrote:

> What I was hinting at is that you check if you have the
> xdg-user-dirs-update tool somewhere in your folders (like /bin or
> /usr/bin) as if you have it could be the culprit.

Piscium,

Thanks for clarifying. Looking at my desktop's user-dirs.dirs I saw that I
could change only the target directory, i.e.:
XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="/home/rshepard/"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_PUBLICSHARE_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_MUSIC_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_PICTURES_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"
XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="/home/rshepard/workspace"

So xdg sees the names it wants but puts everything in workspace if the
application is either not configured to its own directory or doesn't ask
where I want it to place the download/output.

And now I understand how to modify the file; it's different from what the
included instrctions suggested of modifying the initial directory name as
well as the target.

Thanks,

Rich