panel/menu bug: where do I report?

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 07:14:18 CET 2024

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 03:47:23 -0000 (UTC), David Chmelik wrote:

> Will there be option to add 'other' menu items to launchers, and where
> on gitlab.xfce.org can I report this application menu issue/bug/request?
>  I'm aware it probably isn't a panel issue rather than specific item
> issue, but When I searched for 'application menu' there was no result.
>
> gitlab.xfce.org is very hard to navigate; can't find many other items
> there I looked for either.

Also wanted to say: we switched family PCs from KDE to XFCE but have
preexistent /home/user & ~/Desktop, but XFCE didn't handle /home/Desktop
very well, using its filenames rather than software names, and overriding
some main desktop/menu entries with custom-made ones, like in Internet,
FireFox & ThunderBird main entries were replaced with our custom ones that
launch specific profiles, so we can no longer get to the main ones besides
'other' menu, and can't put them on launchers. sad  We'd either have to
erase & redo ~/.Desktop, or switch back to KDE which is has less power/
speed and many more problems, so would rather not.