Moving from IRC to Matrix

Brian Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Thu Feb 29 20:53:11 CET 2024

Hello all,

As of 2024-03-31, our official support and development channels will be moved from IRC to Matrix, after a successful 6-months-ish trial period.  Channels of note:

#xfce:matrix.org -- general user support and discussion
#xfce-dev:matrix.org -- development discussion
#xfce-commits:matrix.org -- notable gitlab activity

While we won't be "closing" the IRC channels, and people are certainly welcome to hang out there, they won't be reliably monitored by project members.

Cheers,
Brian