move tabs in panel 0?

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Wed Apr 10 10:02:20 CEST 2024

Am Dienstag, dem 09.04.2024 um 23:54 -0700 schrieb ToddAndMargo:
> On 4/9/24 19:53, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> >

> > On 4/9/24 9:00 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> > > In my panel 0 at the top of the screen, I often have
> > > multiple programs showing in tabs (if that is
> > > what they are called).  Is there a way to move
> > > the tabs around?
> >
> > Assuming I understand what you're asking, I'm pretty sure you can drag
> > the tabs in the taskbar to rearrange their order.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > DR
>
> That is what I am after.  I can grab it with
> the mouse, drag it somewhere else on the bar and
> drop it.  It ignores me.

Hi,

do you speak from application launchers or currently running programs?

Application launchers you can move around, but keep in mind that the
Xfce4 panel is just a list with zero or more spacers.

Running application buttons can't be moved outside of their window
button plugin. There you can only change order, but not placement
overall, as the placement is dictated by the plugin itself.

HTH