thunar archive dialogue box new look

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 19:31:03 CEST 2024

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 at 08:06, Alex <acs82 at gmx.de> wrote:

> This is the dialog of your installed archiving-tool. Iirc, thunar-archive-plugin natively supports file-roller, engrampa and ark.
>
> So probably one of these (the one you have installed) got an update, which led to the design change.

Thanks, Alex. You were right, it was file-roller that had recently
changed. I uninstalled it as I don't like the new look. Using
xarchiver now.

With more than one archiver installed, after I removed the previously
selected archiver (file-roller), when I right clicked on a folder and
selected "Create Archive" I was shown a dialogue box with the
available archivers (ark, xarchiver). However I could not find where
that configuration is saved, it does not seem to be in
~/.config/xfce4/

Any ideas?