Locale problem

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue May 23 15:04:33 CEST 2023

I have noticed, since recent updates, that the date displayed in both Pcmanfm, and Thunar, are now in the mm-dd-yyyy format.

At the same time, when launching xfce4-terminal I get the messages:
	(process:31517): Gdk-WARNING **: 08:53:43.984: locale not supported by C library
	(process:31517): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:53:43.984: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Also when checking the locale with Draklocale I am offered:
	English (American)
	English (Ireland)
	English (New Zealand)
	English (South Africa)
but no English (Great Britain) in spite of having locales-en installed.
(Draklocale also offers me Quichua, when I do not have locales-quz installed...)

Anu idea ?

Why no en_GB ? Brexit ?

Cheers,

Ron.