Recover lost email address' XFCE account (password forgotten)

José Luis González bugs.jlg at gmail.com
Sun May 21 10:32:16 CEST 2023

Hi,

I forgot the password of my XFCE account (the one I used for bug
management), but I don't know how to recover it since I had lost the
email address I used on it at the time, and was too lazy to change it
afterwards, much to my regret.

I wrote Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> and Romain Bouvier
<skunnyk at xfce.org> on 12 February 2021, which were the two people
listed on the web as webmasters, to try to solve it, but never got a
reply.

In the meantime I had to create another account with my current email
just report newer bugs. Obviously I'd prefer to recover my old one,
and get the newer reports merged.

I'm sorry to write the list about it but I don't know whom to ask
anymore. The email address I used with it is no longer accessible to
me, so basically I have no way to prove it to a machine. I hope to be
able to remember enough of what I had there (just bugs filed,
essentially) for an admin; it's been a long time, though.

Would appreciate help solving this. Thank you so much in advance.