[off-topic] Zaphod mode (dual head) with Xfce 4.16?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 7 22:16:36 CET 2023

On Tue, 2023-03-07 at 14:30 -0500, Matt Connell wrote:
> I'm with you here.  Evolution for example is currently being burdened
> by the de-evolution of the GNOME/GTK interface.
>
> Anyway, we've gotten off-topic (directly my fault admittedly) so I'll
> not continue further.

Hi,

my apologies for another off-topic reply.

Just for those who aren't subscribed to the Evolution mailing list.
For Evolution the workaround of usingĀ

https://github.com/ZaWertun/gtk3-nocsd and running

$ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.shell use-header-bar false

still works. A lot of other GTK apps are lost, since there's nothing we
can do, to get a sane user interface back.

$ pacman -Q evolution gtk3-nocsd-git; gsettings get org.gnome.evolution.shell use-header-bar
evolution 3.46.4-1
gtk3-nocsd-git r82.512c2bd-1.1
false

Regards,