Laptop display brightness adjustment keys

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Wed Jun 28 18:09:50 CEST 2023

On Wed, 2023-06-28 at 11:04 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> It is probably in steps of 1/15 scale and rounded off.  Same as my
> Samsung phone's brightness and volume.

This tracks, but I'd like to change the scaling.

I poked around a bit in the settings editor and I found a boolean
toggle for 'handle-brightness-keys' in the xfce4-power-manager section.
Is there a setting I can create/add for the scaling?

I have a concept of the nature of the change that I have to make but I
can't seem to get the correct recipe of word salad to feed into a
search engine to get the result.